sponsored link

August 2010 - In The News

Holmes Signs Fashion Range Extension With Barneys

Katie Holmes venture into the fashion world has proved a big success - her Holmes & Yang collection will continue to be sold at U.S. department store Barneys for another eight months.

The Hollywood star teamed up with her stylist Jeanne Yang to launch the line last year (09) and they agreed a deal to stock the clothes in the high-end shop.

The fashion pieces are selling so well, Barneys bosses have extended the contract taking them into next year (11) - netting the actress an estimated $5 million (£3.3 million) pay cheque.


Katie denies smoking rumors!


She's the little girl that could have everything, but Suri Cruise prefers to design her own clothes.

In a rare interview, mom Katie Holmes gives a glimpse into domestic bliss at her household with Tom Cruise, describing how she lets her 4-year-old daughter pick out and craft her own outfits.

"I grew up the youngest of five, so there were a lot of hand-me-downs that I would sort of change up," Holmes, 31, tells this week's issue of New York magazine.

"And Suri and I do that now with her clothes. Or rather, she does it. She says, 'I want this sleeve cut,' and it's like, 'Okay, we'll cut it.' She picks out all of her own clothes and has since she was one-and-a-half."

Suri is often described as one of the best-dressed celebrity kids, and the "Dawson's Creek" star reveals that mom and daughter deserve all the credit.

"I started making clothes for Suri when she was born, designing dresses, and then having seamstresses sew them, because I don't sew very well," Holmes says. "As a child, I was always drawing clothes, and I've always loved fabrics, and when Suri was born, I wanted to have certain things be from me and created just by me for her."

Suri's style sense is rubbing off on mom, too.

"Tom and I went to the Met ball a couple of years ago, and I had this beautiful red gown and these royal-blue shoes that I wasn't planning on wearing, but Suri made me put them on and so I was like, 'Okay, I trust you.'"


4 comments:

nikki said...

i do not like this dress on suri at all.it looks far to big for her and just like a hand me down from a big sister

Frances said...

it is big for her and i am somewhat glad coz beyond her designer label clothes, her parents are still practical.. have you seen her dresses lately? she's growing out of them really fast.. bigger clothes can be used much longer..

Anonymous said...

Nikki, I'm sure Suri chose this outfit. It looks like a child picked it out. Nevertheless, that little girl can make any outfit look like gold simply because it happens to be graced with "her" presence.

You know the saying, "everything looks good on someone who looks good."

SportsWear said...

I like this dress. It look ordinary and natural. I like my girlfriend using a dress like that.